Monday, September 21, 2009
Tuesday, August 11, 2009
Because of dōTERRA's commitment to providing the highest quality essential oils, dōTERRA sources its oils from a global network of leading essential oil growers and chemists who can provide the best species grown in ideal environments. dōTERRA's Frankincense oil comes from Oman, where growers have been trained for generations and where the highest quality oil is produced.
From frankincense to birch essential oil, you can trust that dōTERRA will select and source the oils that provide the most therapeutic benefit and that meet CPTG standards. We invite you to join the thousands who are discovering the dōTERRA difference.
Thursday, August 6, 2009
For years, Birch essential oil has been sought after for its unique properties, but has been unavailable. Until now.
doTERRA is pleased to bring you the only 100% pure Birch Essential Oil available in the world.
Pure Birch oil contains 99% methyl salicylate, which has a cortisone-like action. A massage with Birch essential oil invigorates the body and reduces discomfort in the muscles, bones, and joints.
(August 5, 2009 - September 15, 2009) Receive a FREE bottle of Birch (15 ml) and bottle of Peppermint Essential Oil (15 ml) with any order of 200 PV or more! Birch essential oil will only be available as a promotional item for a limited time.
Historical Benefits of Birch Oil:
- Beneficial for bone, muscle, and joint discomfort
- Reduces inflammation and offers relief from discomfort associated with arthritis, tendonitis, and rheumatism
- Cleanses the skin for protection against bacterial and fungal infections
*For topical or aromatic use.
Tuesday, August 4, 2009
Are you preparing to send children back to school? Does the school year sometimes feel overwhelming for both you and your child? Follow these simple tips on creating routines in your home that will lead to a happy, healthy, successful school year!
- Make sure you and your children get optimal sleep by establishing bedtime routines. When you're well rested, your mind is more alert and active, making it easier to concentrate in school. A simple routine like diffusing Lavender Essential Oil in the family room before bedtime helps everyone unwind and prepare for sleep.
- Don't over schedule yourself or your children. Leave enough downtime in the calendar to enjoy playing outdoors, reading a book, or just hanging out!
- During study time, consider diffusing Vetiver Essential Oil for its calming, soothing properties. For children who have a difficult time focusing, apply a few drops to the bottom of the feet and massage.
- Promote healthy habits by diffusing and applying On Guard Essential Oil. Be sure to remind children often to wash their hands frequently. Keep On Guard Foaming Hand Wash near every sink in the home!
Thursday, July 30, 2009
Thursday, July 16, 2009
Clary Sage (Salvia sclarea) soothes and relaxes the body, uplifts and elevates the mood, and cleanses and supports the skin. Allure magazine's blog includes a post about clary sage and cramps:
Aromatherapy For Cramps
By Kristin Cobb
Aromatherapy can be a source of pain relief for menstrual cramps, according to The Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine. In a study of 45 women who had severe menstrual complaints, some received a 15-minute abdominal massage with aromatherapy oils (lavender, clary sage, and rose) diluted in almond oil for seven days before and the first day of their menstrual period, while others were treated with plain almond oil. Only the aromatherapy group experienced a 42 percent reduction in pain from cramps compared with their previous menstrual period. Lavender may relieve muscular tension, and clary sage and rose may regulate the menstrual cycle and improve hormonal balance, says Myung-Haeng Hur, professor of nursing at Eulji University in Daejeon, South Korea. Though she and her colleagues comment in the study that "in rare instances, skin irritation could occur" after topical application of these oils, no side effects were reported among the participants. For treating menstrual cramps, the best way to deliver aromatherapy is through a massage or bath, Hur advises.
Friday, July 10, 2009
Many happy couples will be saying their “I do’s” this summer, which means that most of us will be attending weddings and bridal showers. Every bride dreams of the perfect day, but with all the items on her to-do list, she may need some help finding “calm” in the midst of chaos.
Essential oils are the perfect match for wedding bliss. A diffuser and a calming oil such as Lavender or Serenity help ease stress and create a relaxing environment for the bride-to-be. To provide a pampering experience before the big day, create a gift basket with doTERRA therapeutic bath salts, Geranium essential oil, and a loofah as a bridal shower gift. The bride will enjoy an at-home spa experience that will soothe her emotions and leave her skin soft and smooth. Or better yet, give her a day at any of the world-class spas that use doTERRA essential oils in massage treatments.
Wedding event planners may also consider adding bottles of doTERRA essential oils to give as party favors. A bottle with a small note attached placed on each table will remind guests of the celebration and will provide them with a treasured take-away. Citrus Bliss, Elevation, Whisper, or any single oil make great gift ideas.